Mark Your Calendars
Living Well in a Condominium
What Every Condo Owner
Needs to Know
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Time: 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
Where: Novotel Hotel Toronto, North York 3 Park Home Avenue
Cost: $45.00 (+HST)
Michael Pascu, BA, LL.B, ACCI, Fine and Deo Barristers and Solicitors
Murray Johnson, RCM, Brookfield Residential Services
This is a must attend session for everyone who is thinking about owning a condo, is new to condos or who is confused about condos! After attending this session, you will have a better idea of how and why the declarations, bylaws and rules impact you. You will gain an understanding not only of the roles of the manager and the board but also about your role as an owner.
Topics covered will include:
- What is a Condo and Why Live in One?
- What Do I actually Own?
- Choosing a Community that Fits
- Basic Governance – the Act, the Declaration,
the By-Laws and the Rules
- Roles of the Manager, Directors and Owners
- What are Maintenance Fees and What is the Reserve Fund?
- Use of the Common Elements
- Dealing with Noise, Odours, Pets and Temperature Control
- Implications of Non-Compliance
- plus much more!
To register you can either use our secure online server or simply download our printable Registration Form (PDF Format), fill it out completely and mail or fax your completed registration with payment to the address/fax number indicated on the form.
Viewing and printing PDF files requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If the Reader is not installed on your computer system, you can download it at no cost by clicking here: